A business-to-business sales and operations leader. with extensive, demonstrated experience building profitable, revenue streams while managing complex multi-site operations projects. A superb closer, manager and team builder who consistently delivers 120% to support stretching revenue and business goals. A results-oriented, hands-on general manager with a consistent record of top and bottom-line results.
LARGE CONTRACTOR INC. 1997 to present
A $5 million commercial contractor and applications coatings company.
· Sole responsibility for building regional sales from 0 to $3 million in five years.
· Prospected and closed a $425,000 sale to a central New Jersey company in 2002.
· Sold and managed projects totaling over $1 million with Lycos Steel in this timeline. Other clients include South Jersey Gas Company, Atlantic Research Corporation, AmerGen Power Company, FMC Corporation, and Textron, to name a few.
· High customer service levels promote a 71% repeat business ratio with current customers.
· Increased operations efficiency by a measured 12% by redesigning work metrics.
· On an annual basis, personally negotiate procurement contracts in excess of $1.5 million with GE, Dow Corning, and the like.
Recruited into this position with the objective of building profitable baseline sales and expanding the organization’s capability in the Northeast. Operate with a high degree of autonomy with full P&L responsibility for the sales, service, construction and installation of chemical-based industrial products for roofing, waterproofing, soundproofing, etc. On an annual basis, manage a staff of 24 in operations, with a total budget approaching $2.4 million per year. Direct responsibility for all sales, marketing, new business development, advertising, customer service, credit and collections, administration, technology, and training and development for the organization. On an annual basis, prepare and present stretching annual business plans. Personally responsible for all marketing and collateral material to support all sales activities in the region. Position entails extensive interface with vendors, suppliers and customers. Operations experience includes direct site management responsibility for up to 20 major projects per year. Each project demands in-depth, hands-on management with strong ongoing customer interface, while maintaining vigorous cost, quality, performance and safety standards.
INDUSTRIAL COATINGS INC. 1994 to 1996
A $6 million industrial coating company.
· Grew sales from $425,000 to over $6 million in 30 months.
· Personally sold and managed a $2.2 million project with the Philadelphia Water Department.
Reported to the president with full P&L responsibility for managing all sales and operations for this company with a business concentration between New York and Florida. Sold, serviced and managed $6 million per year in revenue Managed a sales team of six and an operations group of 41 with hands-on responsibility for all facets of the organization from new business development through operations, through customer service, billing and accounting. Position demanded heavy interface with prospects, customers, vendors and suppliers. On an annual basis, directly managed up to 30 complex projects, each demanding extensive hands-on supervision. Customers included Hoechst Celanese, Alvernia College, Standard Register, to name a few.
INDUSTRIAL SALES COMPANY 1989 to 1993
A $2.5 million industrial sales organization.
· Increased sales from $750,000 to $2.5 million.
· Personally sold and closed a $400,000 project with Lycos Steel Corporation.
Reported to the president with responsibility for all sales activities in Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey and Delaware. Managed an administrative staff of four, with responsibility for prospecting, selling and closing a variety of small-to-large accounts in the region. Responsible for backend administrative processing and accounting functions. Developed sales with companies such as Lycos Steel, FMC Corporation, Cheney University, Penn Medicine, and Textron Corporation.
EASY LISTENING, INC. 1968 to 1992
Premier classical music station in the District of Columbia marketplace.
· Grew station revenues from $416,000 to $5.6 million.
· Built national advertiser revenue from 0 to over $700,000 per year.
Personally responsible for developing and nurturing a wide variety of customers including Ford Motor Corporation and BMW Dealers, Strawbridge & Clothier, Bryn Mawr
Reported to the station general manager with responsibility for all local and national airtime sales for this high profile Philadelphia market leader. Earned two promotions into the director position within the first five years. Managed a staff of ten sales personnel, plus copy, traffic and production with an annual budget in excess of $600,000 per year. Worked directly with station management to realign customer focus and establish a strong local presence while simultaneously developing national advertisers. Played an integral role in positioning the station within the marketplace and in developing unique campaigns to attract new advertisers.
BBA Management – Indiana University of Pennsylvania